BLING! is the edgy-ish contemporary romance imprint of Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas (LPC). BLING! launched in Fall 2015 and plans to release several novels each year. At BLING! the first thing readers will notice is a solid, entertaining story. Think parables. The primary objective is to entertain and engage the contemporary reader. The stories are simultaneously character- and plot-driven, written by seasoned and debut novelists with unique voices.
- BLING! heroines and heroes are contemporary in every sense of the word. They may have a past filled with worldly challenges and long-lasting impact, or they may be in the midst of their transformation – but one thing is certain: The reader will want to take the journey with them. And that journey will revolve around a solid, believable romance.
- The romantic relationship emphasizes realistic connection rather than sensual/animal attraction. Whether a typical “boy meets-then-gets the girl” plot or one that contains a secondary element such as suspense, the romance will always be at the center of the story.
- We believe the best stories avoid profanity, overt sexuality, and exploitive violence.
- Writers – whether seasoned or novice – should exhibit a knowledge of the writing craft by presenting clean, edited, well-written pages.
- Point of view throughout the story is almost always limited to that of the hero and/or heroine.
- Word count can range between 55,000 and 90,000 words.
Submission Guidelines Unagented submissions are not generally accepted. An exception will be made, however, for authors we meet at writer’s conferences or with whom the Acquisitions Editor has an established relationship. Proposals must include the following:
- A log line (1-2 sentences)
- A short synopsis (100-150 words)
- A long synopsis (1-2 pages, single-spaced)
- The first three chapters
- An author bio (to include a list of past published work and links to social media pages)
Submit proposals in a single Word document and e-mail as an attachment to: Jessica Nelson, Acquisitions & Managing Editor BLING! Romance, Imprint of LPC at email@example.com