SonRise Devotionals is the devotional imprint of Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. We release one new title per quarter. We do not accept unsolicited manuscripts. We do accept submissions from authors we meet at writer’s conferences or who come to us via LPC-approved literary agents.
Our goal at SonRise Devotionals is to shed light on positive and inspiring books that encourage, educate, and inform from beginning to end. We do not shy away from reflecting today’s culture, yet we do so in a way that promotes values, love, and inspiration. Our devotionals touch personal needs, answers life questions, and portrays our world with a thread of hope.
Our authors at SonRise Devotionals are familiar with the current the market and understand how they will reach their target audience. They should have a platform via social media and must regularly engage with their tribe. While we assist in marketing efforts, the author must create and follow through with their own marketing plan.
- Manuscripts must be considered clean (no vulgar language or scenes).
- Manuscripts must be within 50k – 100k word count range.
- We prefer 365 day devotionals, but will consider 30, 60, 90 day devotionals
- In your subject line, please state one of the following: “Agented Submission”, or “Requested Submission”.
- Please include agent name and contact info in your query letter (if applicable).
- Query letters should include the following: brief summary of the book, short bio info, agent info, word count, and genre.
- Include query letter in the body of your email and include proposal as a .doc/.docx attachment (see below for guidelines).
- Please note we do not contract incomplete books and prefer your manuscript be complete before you submit.
In your proposal, please include…
- Author bio and publishing credits
- Brief summary of manuscript (1 – 3 paragraphs)
- Book tagline (one sentence hook)
- Comparable titles
- 2 – 3 page synopsis
- Marketing plan
- Platform reach stats
- Potential influencers
- Potential series info (if applicable)
- 10 devotions for consdieration.
If you’re unsure how to create a book proposal, we recommend the book “Writing a Winning Book Proposal” by Michael Hyatt.
Please send your submission to:
Cindy K. Sproles
SonRise Devotionals Managing Editor