So you want to be a fiction writer and have your book published? Read this book first! It’s filled with great advice from a veteran editor.
Our ability to skillfully string words together is a gift from God—one we should use to the best of our ability to honor Him.
More than another book about how to write, Tracking Changes is a book about how to be a writer for God in an ever-changing industry that can challenge even the most determined writer. In this series of 46 essays, veteran editor Ramona Richards looks at what it means to be a working writer in today’s market. Some of the topics she covers include:
- What an editor looks for in the first pages of a manuscript
- How manuscripts are chosen for publication
- Why manuscripts get rejected
- What editors look for in a writer
- How to work with a publisher after acceptance
- The stages of a thorough production process—and the edits involved
- The benefits of networking, social media, and writers conferences
A writer’s journey toward publication can be a struggle. Drawing on 40 years of work in Christian publishing, Ramona offers encouragement and advice to help make that path a little easier.